We’re looking for a Design Associate to join the Little Bird nest. We need a thoughtful designer who is excited about tackling the complex, multi-faceted issues that challenge our clients. You’ll collaborate on the design of new programs, services and experiences as well as develop communications assets to foster fresh thinking and support change.
Ideally, you’re a design doer with a passion for human-centered design approaches to creating meaningful, inspiring work. You thrive working and collaborating in a team-based environment and enjoy working across multiple design disciplines. You can manage deadlines and become deeply empathetic to the needs of our clients and the people they serve.
- 1-2 years of professional experience with a background in one or more core design disciplines (visual, service, product, environments, communications)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required – graphic design, visual communication, user experience; Graduate degree preferred
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic video editing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of basic business principles e.g. business models, marketing
- A demonstrated passion for social, economic and/or civic issues
Does this describe you? If so, email the materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Employment Position. As a side, include any bird puns in your cover letter. They always make our day.